Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Beast in Me

I grew up thinking I am good a person, but when I look back on my life, with the knowledge I have now and the beliefs I've come to have, I don't think I've been a good person... certainly not good enough.  I have always had good intentions, but unfortunately, I failed to understand the people I loved.  I tried to understand them, but I have Aspergers and I suck at understanding people.  I also had an untreated case of manic depression all the way up until I was about 30 years old.  With my lack of comprehension in understanding what people wanted and the cycles of my ups and downs, I made lots of mistakes.  I have a lot of regrets.  I trusted people I should not have trusted.  I accepted bad advice from frenemies that I thought were friends.

To any ex's that I was an asshole to, I am sorry.

The worst thing about taking care of all of your problems and becoming a good person is understanding what a heap of shit one once was.

No comments: