Sunday, June 14, 2015

Just came back from Greenland and Iceland

I had a nice visit to Greenland and Iceland.  The highlight of my trip was Greenland, as I once thought I would never have the opportunity to visit there, due to its remoteness.  The weather in Iceland was not so good while I was there, but the people and food were wonderful.  I would recommend Iceland to anyone seeking a nice place to visit.  I'm posting some pictures from that trip.

Landing in Kulusuk, Greenland.  The airstrip is packed dirt.  The landing was smooth.  One can walk to town.  As you will see later, I returned by dogsled.






Walking from Kulusuk Airport to the settlement of Kulusuk, Greenland:















Along the way we encountered this graveyard:





Continuing the walk to town:








The Kulusuk Settlement:








































The bay:






















To be continued...






No comments: