Friday, December 30, 2011

End of year reflection: People I want to thank

We never know when we will pass away from this world or when someone we love will pass, so here's a list of people I'd like to thank:

(1) My Mother for giving birth to me, nurturing me, and being my best life-long friend.

(2) My Father for giving me my intelligence, for feeding and sheltering me as a child and at times as an adult, and for being there whenever life was hardest.

(3) Elenore Provenzano: You gave me back my arm when I broke it. If not for your dedication, friendship, and hard work, I would have lost the use of my right arm at 9 years old. I haven't seen you since I was about 10 years old, but I love you still.

(4) Monika Kennedy: You were my German teacher. You were the best teacher I ever had. You gave me advise and our many conversation after school changed the course of political mindset. You, more than anyone, opened my eyes to reality.

(5) Rosemary Leone: You were my first love, my first kiss... You were taken from this life at such a young age. I miss you too and I know that if there is existence after life, we will be friends again.

(6) Arlene Moree: You were like a second Mom to me. Thank you for the cactus when I was a little boy. I kept it and its descendents alive for more than 30 years. Thank you for taking me into your home in California. Thank you for being there whenever I needed someone to talk with.

(7) My Daughter: Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be your father. I found things in me I never knew were there. Being your father is the best thing that every happened to me.

(8) Marlon: Thank you for giving me an opportunity to work when I needed it most.

No comments: